Steroids pills are used for different purposes. Steroids are in pills for asthma, in pills for psoriasis, in anabolic drugs (such as methenolone), etc. In this article, we’ll look at some powerful pills that are used in medicine and in sports.
Legal steroids pills – some examples
The first group of steroid substances available in legal steroids pills are corticosteroids. Here are some pills names of popular corticosteroids:
1. Prednisone. This drug belongs to the group of synthetic non-fluorinated glucocorticosteroids. It is used for the treatment of rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, hematological diseases, allergic diseases, bronchial asthma, Addison’s disease, lupus erythematosus, etc.
2. Medrol. It has a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect. By its effect, it is stronger than prednisone, while undesirable side effects are less pronounced. Medrol in the form of tablets is prescribed for all indications where it is necessary to use corticosteroids (allergic diseases, rheumatic diseases, hematological diseases, etc.) except for cases when the patient’s life is in danger or when it is necessary to obtain a fast and high level of drug concentration in the blood. In such instances, Medrol is administered intravenously. For adults, the total daily dose of the drug at the beginning of treatment is usually 4 to 48 mg.
3. Prelone. Prednisolone is a synthetic glucocorticosteroid drug, a dehydrated analog of hydrocortisone. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, immunosuppressive action, and anti-shock effects. The medicine is used for the same diseases as the above-mentioned drugs.
In addition, some steroids are presented as birth control pills and infertility tablets. Hormonal contraception meds may be combined (based on progestin and estrogen) or progestogen-only. These drugs suppress ovulation by the hormonal way. Anti-infertility steroids, vice versa, can improve hormonal levels for conception to occur.
Side effects of steroids pills
Common adverse effects of using these meds include:
- the tendency to gain weight;
- hormonal imbalances;
- recurrent infections;
- thin skin;
- loss of bones (or osteoporosis);
- increased risk of ulcers inside the stomach.
These side effects vary depending on the particular drug.
Some anabolic steroids pills
Anabolic steroids may be used in medicine for curing osteoporosis and anemia, to stimulate muscle growth, etc. However, they are more popular in sports, where they are used for increasing muscle growth. Most of these steroids are released in the injection form. For example, you can make Sustanon cycle only with the help of injections. However, some anabolic steroids pills are also available. Among them are:
1. Methandrostenolone. This is a well-known oral anabolic steroid originally synthesized by Dr. John Ziegler and released in the US in the early 60s of the last century by Ciba company.
2. Oxymetholone. This is an anabolic steroid developed in the 1960s by the company Syntex Pharmaceuticals. Oxymetholone is available in tablets of 50 mg and is one of the most potent steroids.
3. Proviron. It is a drug that improves muscle growth and erectile function. The usual daily dosage for men is 50 mg per day, divided into two equal doses, preferably after meals.
You can buy these pills online, but be careful, most probably anabolic meds (without a prescription) are illegal in your country. After using steroids, post cycle therapy is needed. This therapy includes using aromatase inhibitors, such as Letrozole bodybuilding.